The PXH842 Gen3 PCI Express Host Adapter is our high performance cabled interface to external IO subsystems. Based on Broadcom® PLX Gen3 PCI Express bridging architecture, the PXH842 Transparent Host and Target adapter includes advanced features for transparent bridging (TB), host and clock isolation. The PXH842 card utilizes the Samtec PCIe FireFly® optical engine enabling distances up to 100 meters.
The PXH842 card is a transparent only product. To utilize Dolphin's PCIe clustering software, you need to purchase the PXH840 Gen3 NTB Adapter card.
The PXH840 is carefully designed for maximum cable length and supports fiber cables up to 100 meter optical cables. The x16 configuration requires two MPT female, 24 pairs, OM3 50/125, Key up - Key up (Type C) cables.
- PCI Express® 3.0 compliant - 8.0 Gbps per lane
- Slot compliant with Gen1 and Gen2 PCI Express
- Samtec FireFly® optical engine
- MTP connectors
- Four x4 Gen3 PCI Express cable ports that can be configured as:
- One - x16 PCI Express port
- Two - x8 PCI Express ports
- Four - x4 PCI Express ports
- Fiber-optic cable connectors
- Clock isolation support
- Low profile PCI Express form factor
- EEPROM for custom system configuration
- Link status LEDs through face plate