The PXH832 Gen3 PCI Express Host Adapter is our high performance cabled interface to external IO subsystems. Based on Avago® Gen3 PCI Express bridging architecture, the PXH832 Transparent Host and Target adapter includes advanced features for transparent bridging (TB), host and clock isolation. The PXH832 card utilizes a quad SFF-8644 connector and can use standard MiniSAS-HD or the new PCIe 3.0 cable currently being standardized by the PCI-SIG.
The PXH832 supports the new CMI functionality when used with a PCIe 3.0 cable and can therefore connect to a CMI compliant PCIe target device. The PXH832 can also be used with a standard MiniSAS-HD cable when connecting to a PXH832 in target mode. When used with a MiniSAS-HD cable, only the reset sideband signal will be emulated by the PXH832.
The PXH832 is carefully designed for maximum cable length and supports MiniSAS-HD copper cables up to 9 meters at full PCI Express Gen3 speed. Fiber optics extends this distance to 100 meters. More information on cables for the PXH832.
The PXH832 card is a transparent only product. To utilize Dolphin's PCIe clustering software, you need to purchase the PXH830 Gen3 NTB Adapter card.
- PCI Express® 3.0 compliant - 8.0 Gbps per lane
- Link compliant with Gen1 and Gen2 PCI Express
- Quad SFF-8644 Cable connector
- PCIe 3.0 cables or MiniSAS-HD cables
- Four x4 Gen3 PCI Express cable ports that can be configured as:
- One - x16 PCI Express port
- Two - x8 PCI Express ports
- Four - x4 PCI Express ports
- Copper and fiber-optic cable connectors
- Clock isolation support
- Low profile PCI Express form factor
- EEPROM for custom system configuration
- Link status LEDs through face plate