Dolphin PCI Express Software
Dolphin offers a variety of software application for the PCI Express interconnects. This software takes advantage of the advanced features of PCI Express to deliver superior application performance. The Dolphin SuperSockets API accelerates Berkeley compliant sockets applications without the need for application changes. The SISCI Developer’s Kit maximizes the performance of application using the PCI Express hardware. It delivers the lowest latency and highest throughput for application performance.
Dolphin SuperSockets delivers a fast and transparent way for any networked applications to dramatically improve performance. In combination with Dolphin Express hardware, application implemented with a sockets interface can take advantage of extremely low latency and high bandwidth. SuperSockets is a Berkeley API compliant sockets interface that allows low overhead TCP/UDP/IP sockets to use Dolphin Express hardware.
The software is highly optimized to reduce system load (e.g. system interrupts) and uses both PIO and RDMA operations to implement most efficient transfers for all message sizes.
The major benefits are plug and play, high bandwidth, high availability, and much lower socket latency than network technologies like 10G Ethernet, 1G Ethernet, Infiniband and Myrinet. Dolphin SuperSockets uses Dolphin Express Hardware remote memory access to implement a fast and reliable connection. An overview of the technology can be found in the Dolphin SuperSockets brochure.
Key Product Features
· All applications will benefit from Dolphin Express without modification
· 100% compliant with Linux Socket library, Berkeley Socket compliant
· No OS patches or application modifications required. Just install and run
· Supports multiple adapters per host for increased fault tolerance and speed
· Both TCP and UDP supported
· Automatic fail-over to redundant adapter in the case of network failure
· Transparent Fail-over to Ethernet if the Dolphin Express connection is down. Fail forward to Dolphin Express when the problem has been corrected
· Supports hot-pluggable links for high availability operation
· Easy to install
· Supports both user space and kernel space clients
· Full support for socket inheritance/duplication
· Field proven for various MPI libraries, MySQL and Oracle RAC
Dolphin SISCI Developers Kit
The Dolphin SISCI Developers kit (Software Infrastructure Shared-Memory Cluster Interconnect) consists of driver and API software, tools, documentation and source needed to develop your own embedded application utilizing the low latency and high performance of a Dolphin PCI Express Cluster. The development kit provides a C system call interface to ease customer integration to the PCI Express cluster interconnect. SISCI enables customer application to easily bypass the limitations of traditional network solutions, avoiding time consuming operating system calls, and network protocol software overhead.
Using the latest Dolphin PCI Express IX technology SISCI applications directly benefit from remote access time down to 0.74 microseconds and more than 3000 Mega bytes / second throughput. Direct mapped NTB access gives extremely low transaction overhead and jitter for real-time systems.
Typical applications for SISCI
Migrating to the powerful SISCI environment after is easy. The following application benefited from the move to the SISCI API:
· Low latency, low jitter realtime simulators
· Bus bridging PCIe-PCI-PMC-cPCI-XMC-VME-PXI
· Remote access to IO Systems
· Direct device to device transfers
· High Availability servers / Fast fail over
· Fat pipes / low latency messaging